It was only a matter of time until we cranked out a delicious Supergut shake recipe featuring everyone’s favorite powdered green tea: matcha. And why not? Matcha is all the rage lately, and with good reason — it’s super high in antioxidants, and touts a host of other potential health benefits like improving brain function and focus. And like all green tea, it also gives you a little natural caffeine boost but without the jittery buzz of coffee.
This Supergut Matcha Vanilla shake recipe is inspired by Supergut Lifer community member Elgin Brown, and adds the green-veggie benefits of spinach or kale. And if you’re so inclined, a dash of unsweetened whipped cream. Mmm…
- 1 Serving (or 2 scoops) — Supergut Vanilla Crème or Supergut Vegan Vanilla
- 12 oz — Unsweetened Plant-based Milk or Water
- 1 Tbsp — Matcha Powder
- Handful — Baby Spinach or Baby Kale (optional)
- 1 cup — Ice
- 1 Tbsp — Unsweetened Whipped Cream (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients (except whipped cream) in a mixer, a use a hand mixer or immersion blender.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds
- Pour, and top with whipped cream (optional)