Have you heard of golden milk? It’s a magical, golden elixir made with one of the most well-studied and revered spices in the world — turmeric. Turmeric is known for its natural anti-inflammatory properties, and many clinical studies suggest it may be able to help treat a wide range of conditions. Finished off with a dusting of cinnamon, this health-boosting golden milk shake recipe contains the benefits of Supergut’s powerful resistant starch fibers, and scores a 10/10 for taste and beauty.
In India, golden milk has been enjoyed for centuries, and it’s recently been gaining popularity worldwide. A huge shoutout to SupergutLifer community member Fatanah for the inspiration for this recipe.
- 1 serving — Supergut Vanilla Crème or Muniq Vegan Vanilla
- 12 oz – Unsweetened Oat Milk or Water
- 1/2 — Banana (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. —Fresh Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp. — Ground Turmeric (or 1 Tbsp. Fresh Turmeric)
- Pinch — Ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup — Ice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except ground cinnamon in a blender.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top and stir.
- Enjoy knowing that you’ve done something amazing for your health today!