Confession: banana bread is one of our favorite pastries here at Supergut. And what’s not to love? It pairs perfectly with a morning coffee, an afternoon tea, or even as a dessert on its own, and is a nice balance of sweet with a little bit of savory. These Supergut chocolate banana bread muffins only contain 8g net carbs and 67 calories per muffin/serving, so you can feel good about indulging.
As usual, we’ve packed these muffins with a daily dose of powerful prebiotic fiber, so you can be sure you’re helping improve blood sugar by feeding the beneficial bacteria in your gut, while keeping your blood sugar balanced. For those that want even less net carbs, you can use half a banana and still maintain the right texture!
Makes ~12 muffins: 8g net carbs and 67 calories per muffin/serving
- 1 serving — Supergut Chocolate or Vegan Chocolate
- 1 small banana
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup — quick oats
- 1/4 cup — allulose
- 2 TBSP — chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp — cinnamon
- Pinch — salt
- 1 tsp — baking powder
- 1 tsp — baking soda
- 1/2 cup — water
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. (Tip: add the water on the bottom of the blender to make the blending easier.)
- Divide the batter equally into a 12-count muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when testing the center.