Craving a flaky, doughy, and tart treat that will satisfy your tastebuds, without leaving your feeling guilty and groggy? Blueberry Lemon Scones are calling your name…
These Blueberry Scones with Lemon glaze will not only have you feeling like a fancy baker, they’ll deliver your baked-good fix with 7g of prebiotic fiber per scone — featuring gut-healthy resistant starch — and 5g of protein to both feed the good bacteria in your gut and keep you full for hours. How can this recipe taste so good and be good for you? It’s not magic, it’s science, featuring the Supergut Fiber Mix! Delicious and indulgent, these scones are much lower in net carbs than normal scones (only 5.9g net carbs per scone compared to about 48 g net carbs for a typical scone). These are a healthy way to get your prebiotic resistant starch fiber in with flair!
- 4 servings Supergut Fiber Mix
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup allulose
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 dash of salt
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together half and half, canola oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Fold the wet mixture into the dry until a thick dough forms, then carefully work blueberries into the dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and work into a ball. The dough will be sticky. If it is too wet, add a little more almond flour.
- Form into a disc shape about 1 in thick. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Gently lift the scones and distribute onto lined pan about 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Whisk together confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth. If needed, add a bit of water to achieve desired consistency.
- Once done baking, remove scones from the oven and cool for a few minutes before drizzling with glaze. Let sit for 30 minutes so the glaze can harden.